Name: Ha Ji-Won
Korean Name: 하지원
Birth Name: Jeon Hae-Rim 전해림 (田海林, 全海琳)
Chinese Name: 河智苑 (河智媛, 夏智元)
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Vital Statistics: 33-23-33
Blood type: A
Family: Father, mother, older sister, younger brother, younger sister
Hobbies: Horse riding, Hap Ki Do, Jazz Dancing, Swimming, Kum Do, Working out at the gym
Favorite color: Blue
2011: Grimae Awards: Best actress (Secret Garden)
2010: SBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Drama Special, Actress (Secret Garden)
2010: SBS Drama Awards: Netizen Popularity Award (Secret Garden) together with Hyun Bin
2010: SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 Stars along with Lee Beom-soo, Jung Bo-seok, Park Jin Hee (Giant), Go Hyun-jung, Kwon Sang-woo (Daemul), Hyun Bin (Secret Garden), Lee Seung-gi, Shin Mina (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho), Kim So-yeon (Prosecutor Princess, Dr. Champ)
2010: SBS Drama Awards: Best Couple: Lee Seung-gi, Shin Mina (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho), Joo Sang-wook, Hwang Jung-eum (Giant), Hyun Bin, Ha Ji-won (Secret Garden)
2009: Best Actress 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards (My Love By My Side)
2009: Best Actress 46th BaekSang Arts Awards (My Love By My Side)
2009: Best Actress 5th Korean University Films Festival (My Love By My Side)
2007: 2007 Asia Model Festival Awards: Most Popular along with Jang Hyuk, Hyun Young
2007: 32nd Golden Chest International TV Festival: Best Actress (Hwang Jin Yi)
2007: 34th Korean Broadcasting Awards: Best Actress (Hwang Jin Yi)
2006: KBS Drama Awards: Daesang Award (Hwang Jin Yi)
2006: KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Jang Geun Suk (Hwang Jin Yi)
2006: KBS Drama Awards: Netizen Award (Hwang Jin Yi)
2005: 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards: Popularity Award (Duelist)
2004: 40th BaekSang Awards: Best Actress in a TV Drama (What Happened in Bali)
2004: 40th BaekSang Awards: Best New Actress
2004: SBS Drama Awards: Best Actress (What Happened in Bali)
2004: SBS Drama Awards: Top 10 stars along with Park Shin-yang, Lee Dong-gun, Jo In-sung, Kim Rae-won, Ji Sung, Kim Jung-eun, Song Yoon-ah, Kim Hyun-joo, Kim Tae-hee
2004: 21st Blue Dragon Film Awards: Best New Actor
2003: MBC Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award: Best Actress (Damo)
2003: MBC Drama Awards: Netizen Best Couple Award: Lee Seo-jin & Ha Ji-won (Damo)
2003: MBC Drama Awards: Netizen Popularity Award: Most Popular Actress (Damo)
2001: Korean Society of Cinematographers: Most Popular Actress
2001: 39th Baeksang Awards: Best New Actor for TV
2000: MBC Drama Awards: Best New Actor (Secret)
2000: Blue Dragon Awards: Best Supporting Actress (Ditto)
2000: Grand Bell Award (Daejong Film Festival): Best New Actress (Truth Game)
A fun fact~ ^^
Her cafe nickname is 햇님 (Haet-Nim) It’s a cute way of saying “Sun”
It was one of her nicknames from her school friends.
Her real name is 해림 (Hae-Rim) which sounds like 햇님 (Haet-Nim).
That is why many of her fans call her HaetNim. I think it is a very fitting nickname for her ^^
She is known for being a hard worker. People call her “hardcore Ha JiWon“. One of her nicknames on set is “Iron-Woman” (철녀) Even though she has 15 years of acting experience, she works hard as hard as a rookie.
- For Damo, she spent hours attached to wires, doing martial arts.
- Three months before filming Duelist, HJW practiced martial arts every day for 10 hours. Even while filming, she was constantly practicing. While the staff set up the lights for filming, HJW used that time to practice more martial arts. She also learned dance ^^
- While filming Duelist, there was an incident when HJW was rushed to the emergency room. HJW was filming an action scene late at night and the director yelled, “Cut!” and she fainted. She was rushed to the emergency room and diagnosed with a neckbone fracture. Later in an interview, she said that she didn’t want to make an NG because everyone was tired and if she made an NG, they would have to film everything again, so she endured the pain until the director gave the “ok” sign.
- For HwangJinYi, she learned how to tight rope walk and practiced traditional Korean dance for many hours a day. Interview from her dance instructor: HJW came up to me and said, “Teacher, today I got hit over 100 times” (She filmed HwangJinYi and Miracle on 1st Street at the same time. ) Even though she came exhausted, she practiced from 11am to 11pm without resting. She had as much passion as my students who were majoring in Korean traditional dance.”
- For Miracle on 1st Street, she learned boxing and trained as a boxer for 6 months, doing the same exercises as actual boxers.
- For its boxing tournament scene, they filmed 12 hours for 4 days in a row. She got punched in the nose and passed out, but continued filming after resting for 2 hours.
- In order to learn the Busan dialect for HaeUnDae, HJW had a personal tutor and recorded all her lessons to listen to herself improve. She said learning the dialect was harder than filming the action scenes. haha. She even had nightmares with people speaking in Busan dialect!
- For Secret Garden, HJW did 100% of the wire action scenes. Her stuntwoman, Yoo MiJin said HJW is so good with action scenes that she doesn’t even need a stuntwoman most of the time (they used a stuntwoman for the scene where HJW had to jump off the ledge in the department store, the bicycle chase scene, and the scene where Gil RaIm jumps on the car.) HJW was always asking Yoo to teach her stunt moves.
- For Sector 7, HJW learned skin scuba and got a motorcycle license. She exercised for 8 hours a day. She said her muscles were the largest ever for this role.–
- For Korea (As One), she is practicing table tennis for 3 hours every day to prepare for her role as Hyun JungHwa. Hyun JungHwa (who is currently her table tennis instructor) said at the beginning, HJW couldn’t even hold the racquet correctly, but now, HJW can imitate Hyun Jung Hwa’s pose.
- And later, for The King 2 Hearts, Ha Ji Won learned how to speak as a North Korean officer. She learned the dialect from defector who was originating from upper elite class of North Korean society. She used recorder to painstakingly learn the North Korean dialect.
- HJW loves to exercise. Even with her busy schedule, HJW is always exercising. She exercises 3-4 hours at least 4 times a week, even when she is busy. During filming, if she has free time, she is never sitting still. Her personal trainer said her body age is in the early 20s.
- Because of her excellent physical condition, HJW is able to film for hours nonstop.During the end of Hwang JinYi, HJW was only able to sleep for 2 hours a day and didn’t even have time to eat regularly.
- Her stylists and makeup artists were constantly rotating shifts because they were tired, but HJW could not be replaced because she was the main character.
- Even though she was exhausted and cold (they filmed during the winter and all she wore was a hanbok), she never complained. She was sent to the hospital many times because of exhaustion and dizziness. She got an IV drip and went straight back to the set.
- Secret Garden writer Kim Eun Sook praised HJW by saying, “Her schedule was so busy that she had no time to sleep. When she was given 1 hour to rest, she came back after exercising for 30 minutes and showering for 30 minutes. She jumped rope for 30 minutes because she knew that if she slept, her face will become swollen”
She appreciates others.
- When she was young, she wrote letters to her favorite elementary school teacher thanking her
- She is a really smart student, her report card, below, showed that for six straight years, she managed to get complete As for all of her report cards. In her school records, teachers left comments like, “She’s nice and has great manners. A very studious child.”
- She made cookies from scratch for the actors and staff of Babo.
- When she graduated from university, she made chocolate and soap from scratch and gave it to her managers.
- She bought 100 parkas for the staff of Hwang JinYi (total of 30.000,000 won or ~$30,000) She also bought clothes for staffs of What Happened in Bali and Miracle on 1st Street. During Secret Garden, she brought a skin product for all the staff. Latest news we had, Ha Ji Won gave all staff of The King 2 Hearts a pair of sport shoes. She personally asked all the staff’s favorite color and shoe size, one by one.
- Even though she is a top actress she’s really easy going. When she goes out to eat with movie staff, she cooks and cuts the meat for others. She can’t really cook but she loves to help them anyway.
- A lot of people change after they get famous, but HJW is still sincere and hardworking.
She really appreciates her fans.
- She remembers her old fans. At fan signing events and other events, she makes eye contact with everyone and tries to remember their faces.
- For her annual fan meetings, she usually does something special. This picture was taken last year, October 2011, when she joined her fans to do some charity work together. She held a ‘coal briquette fanmeeting’ by bringing her internet fan café 1023 in for volunteer work to deliver coal briquettes at Seoul’s Jeonwon Maeul. The volunteer work celebrated the fan café’s 12th anniversary, and took place with the help of many fans who had been preparing the event for a long time. (@credit :amazing yeoja blogspot.com)
- In 2010, she bought lunch for ~100 of her fans on her birthday. (After she won the Blue Dragon best actress award in 2009, she promised that she would buy them food)
- In 2006, she and her fan club members went on a picnic with the orphan children from the Seoul Children’s Center.
She LOVES children
- In 2005, she donated the money she earned from filming the music video for Lee SooYoung’s “Flower” to the children at Seoul University Medical Center to pay for their surgeries.
- She said she wants to open a kindergarten with her younger sister one day. (Her younger sister majored in child development)
She loves animals too!
- She’s had a cockerspaniel named HaJi (named after one of her nicknames), an Afghan Hound named Harry, and a Schnauzer named Potter.
- She also had 2 rabbits, one named Jjajang and the other named JjamBbong. (Jjajang and JjamBbong are 2 types of Korean/Chinese fusion(??) noodles. haha.)
- She really loved her rabbits. She said they understood what she said and danced to music. She was in China when her mom called her and told her they died and she was really sad for a while. She buried them in cute rabbit clothes in a sunny area in her front yard.
- She really likes eagles too xD
She has an awesome personality. b^-^d
- She’s always laughing!
- On the set, she’s always smiling and laughing, no matter how exhausted she is. She makes a lot of NGs because of her laughter.
- Remember the photo shoot for Guess Eyewear from March? That photoshoot continued on even after midnight. One of the staff posted on her twitter:Now I know why all the staff like HJW. It must have been tiring filming until dawn but HJW never frowned and worked hard until the end.
- She told director Yoon JaeGyun that she would do Miracle on 1st Street without even reading the scenario. She had worked with him before and he was in desperate need of a lead actress who could take the role of a woman boxer and the only person he wanted was HJW. This movie was 6th in the line of movies director Yoon wanted to start . (for 3 years he tried to start 5 movies, but they all failed before they even started filming).
- She has made cameo appearances in Fashion 70s, My Best Week, Sex is Zero 2, and The Last Gift because of her friendships with actors and directors.
She attends A LOT of weddings.
- Im Chang Jung.
- Cha Tae Hyun
- Yun JungHoon and Han GaIn
- Jo YoungGu
- Lee HanWe
- Kwon SangWoo and Son TaeYoung
- Sul GyungKu and Song YoonAh
- Tablo and Kang HyeJung
- Jang Dong Gun and Go So Young
She has been working for 15 YEARS in projects ranging from:
- horror to historical to drama to action to mellow to comedy to fantasy.
- She’s been a dysfunctional student, a villan, a ghost, a reporter, a Joseon detective, a tour guide, a gisaeng, a college student, a high school student, a radio broadcast writer, a boxer, a pianist, a stuntwoman, a funeral director, a sushi restaurant owner and now an oil rig engineer , a table tennis player and the North Korean agent turns to Queen of Korea-to-be.
- There are very few actors who can take in any role as well as HJW can. She is a truly amazing person ^-^
@credit RAINLUVER012 @ Soompi Forum